A weekend course held twice a year open to:
- Existing Fraternus leaders (co-Captain and up) that acknowledge their roles as leaders in their Chapter and community and want to gain that insights and skills from experienced mentors and leaders.
- Men considering or starting a Fraternus Chapter in their community. When possible, potential Chapter leaders should come in groups (i.e. not just the Commander).
- Men that want to be able to apply the weekend’s content to their own local situation or apostolate.
What to expect
- Weekends as St. Joseph farm generally include meals and experiences right from the farm itself, often even including the Friday pig slaughter for the Saturday feast and a diversion of skeet shooting.
- Even if the weekends are agrarian, that doesn’t mean barbarian. You will have warm showers and actual beds in a real house.
- Theological and philosophical presentations shy away from efforts at motivational or novel insights, and seek rather to:
- reground our thinking in what we know from nature (an authentic anthropology),
- what we know from revelation (submission to Magisterial teaching of the Church),
- and from a realist disposition of our present situation (i.e. real experience and real men).
The best part…
Often the best part of SJF weekends is the fraternal comradery amongst the men, and the not-to-mysterious realization that we’re not alone in this fight.
Does your community need you to lead?
Fraternus, at its worst, is a boys youth group run by reluctant men. Fraternus, at its best, is a brotherhood of all generations that strengthens and enlivens every man and boy involved to become virtuous Catholic men. If you’re the former, come and gain strength and insights to improve your Chapter. If you’re the latter, come learn how to lead and pass on your gift.
For those outside of Fraternus, for too long the principle of subsidiarity and fatherly authority has been circumvented, denied, and denigrated. The effects are now manifest all around us. The answer to problems in homes and society will not be solved by anything you read or see on this screen today. It needs the man looking for the answer, because you and your leadership are what’s needed.